Tuesday 15 March 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Characters I'd Want As Family Members


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in. This week’s Top Ten Book Characters I'd Want As Family Members. 

The problem I had with this Meme was that I was trying not to just fill it up with Fantasy characters who could just magic me out of everything :-p. In a way it was good that I tried to do this as it helped me remember loads of cracking characters I would love to have in my family.

Ron Weasley - Harry Potter Novels by JK Rowling
Who wouldn't want Ron as their younger brother? The kid knows magic for a start and that always going to be helpful in any family. More so though, he has Hermione as a GF and surely it wouldn't be to hard to steal her away from him after he has brought her home a few times and met me!

Pug - Riftwar Novels by Raymond E. Feist
The ultimate grandfather, saved multiple worlds so many times that you would always love him visiting to tell you his stories. Plus he seems to live forever and so would always be there for you!

Nigel Sheldon - Commonwealth Novels by Peter F. Hamilton
The guy invented the technology that created an inter-stellar human civilisation. He would bring in enough money into your family as a father that you would never need to worry about anything ever again. Plus, he seems to be a pretty good guy and does know right from wrong!

Jacob - Twlight Novels by Stephenie Myer
Everyone would want a cousin out there who would be able to defend you from harm. Jacob's abilities and decent heart would ensure he would be able to protect you as part of his family. But you don't want to be much more related that a cousin as he does have a temper so you need to make sure you can get away from him if needed!

Kahlan Amnell - Sword of Truth Novels by Terry Goodkind
If Kahlan was your mother then no one is going to mess with you, why risk it when the Mother Confesser could easily make them suffer. I know that as a man I would be in trouble if I was born to her according to the storylines but let us ignore that problem! She has a good heart and would be always there to help you do the right thing!

Willy Wonka - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Would anyone not love to have a nutty Uncle who lived in the ultimate chocolate factory? I think not!

Nanny Ogg - Discworld Novels by Terry Pratchett
This witch within the Discworld novels is liked by everyone and always willing to offer advice and help when needed. To me, she always seems to be the stereotypical grandmother character!

Dr. Watson - Sherlock Holmes Novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
This man would be a steadfast and loyal family member in all thing! His strong morale fibre and belief in goodness would be great to have in an Uncle. Also, can you just imagine him and Willy Wonka around the Christmas Table.... it would be superb!

Greyfriar's Bobby - Greyfriar's Bobby by Eleanor Stackhouse Atkinson
A little bit of cheating here possibly, but Greyfriar's Bobby has to be the most loyal pet a family could ever hope to have. If you die he will sit at your grave for evermore... loyalty like no other!

Sookie Stackhouse - Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris
She is great sister material, she has a great sense of self-respect and determination. She would be great to have cheering me on in anything I chose to do.

There was actually quite a lot more sister material I could think of, but a the same time if they were my sisteer then I would have no chance of dating them so I just had to keep them out of the list! Anyway, lets here from yourselfs on any characters from novels you think would make great family members.

6 comments:

  1. Except for Watson, I don't know any others!

    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I just checked yours out and I only know two of your myself :-) Just shows the different types of books people read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list! Sookie would indeed make a wonderful sister. I cheated on my list too and have a dog (& a cat) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s something to be said for a family member who can magic you out of an uncomfortable situation! I picked Charlie because I also thought it would be beneficial to have a chocolate factory in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your thinking about Wonka and Watson interacting at family get-togethers! It would be awesome to get free chocolate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list - I had Willy Wonka too.

    ReplyDelete