Saturday 22 October 2011

Read-a-Thon Underway!!



Well, my first ever read-a-thon is underway and I managed to make it back from softplay with my children this morning in time for the start! I really am not sure what my overall aim is going to be for the read-a-thon but I will probably just progress through my personnal reading list rather than my review queue as I think that is the best way to make sure I can keep on reading. In addition, I will probably maybe read a few of my children's books with them as well to mix things up although the longest most of these books will last is 5 minutes.

Anyway, I will be posting some updates as the day progresses so there will be a lot more posts today than normal. However don't get too worried as I will be back to normal by Sunday afternoon with my regular posting rate!

All I can now say is good luck everybody who's reading (and cheerleading) today! Hopefully I will be able to pay some other readers a visit a later on.

Now lets get on and answer the questions that have been asked for the kick-off

1)Where are you reading from today?
My living room in Armadale, Scotland. The movie "Cars" is currently on TV to entertain my daughter whilst I lie back on the sofa.

2)Three random facts about me…
I am a scotsman who married an english woman.
I am a big Sci-Fi Geek
I am a Kilmarnock FC fan (Hence my online nickname Killie)

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Including the book I am currently reading, only 3 and I will be happy if I can complete them.

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I think if I can get my total reading time upto about 8 hours or so I will be more than happy considering the mad house I live in :-)

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I am a read-a-thon virgin!!! So please go easy on me!

Now I am going to start my reading with the book I was in the middle of reading already Predators of Darkness by Leonard D Hilley II.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I would love to join the readathon, but am working in my apartment all day (building a kitchen) and then "real" work tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to connect with fellow book lovers from different corners of the world. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete