Friday 22 July 2011

Book Blogger Hop #2


Book Blogger Hop Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books

This week’s question is;

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

I think I read quite a lot of Genres so this was actually quite a tough question to answer. However I will say that I do wish I could read more "Classic" novels, although I am not sure if this is a genre to be honest. I would love to be able to discuss Thomas Hardy or Jane Austin with my wife etc. but I just can never find the desire to read them. If someone knows a better description for this genre than "classics" then please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Just dropping by for the blog hop. I enjoy the classics though many of them can be difficult to read. Thomas Hardy's Tess of the Dubervilles is good as well as Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austen. P&P is probably one of my all-time favs!

    My hop: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/one-genre-thats-just-not-appealing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classics is actually a very popular answer to this question. It would be my #2 behind general non-fiction (history, science, politics, etc.). I wish I enjoyed this genre more because reading it would make me a whole lot smarter! Oh well.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My description of classics would be "yawn" and that is so unfair and rude of me! LOL I can't read them either. Too many 'required reading' memories. Have a great weekend.

    Just Can't Read Them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love classics! My favorite is Dostoyevsky. I like psychological books and he is one of the greatest annalists of human kind. I found all his books on all you can books and i enjoyed reading them all:)

    ReplyDelete