Saturday 22 December 2012

Challenge Complete - 2012 Year of the Fantasy Classic

YA Challenge

Objective:
To try and read some of the classic fantasy novels that I have just never gotten around to reading before. Check out my pre challenge post here!

Aim:
Read 12 Fantasy Novels that were published prior to my birth year (1981)

Result:
Well as with a lot of my 2012 challenges I finished the final book in December which means I was cutting it close!

I've read-

Peter Pan
J.M. Barrie
The Last Unicorn
Peter S. Beagle
The Wind in the Willows
Kenneth Grahame
Watership Down
Richard Adams
The Princess Bride
William Goldman
The Dragon and The George
Gordon R. Dickson
The Broken Sword
Poul Anderson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
A Wizard of Earthsea
Ursula K Le Guin
Over Sea, Under Stone
Susan Cooper
The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
C.S. Lewis
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Lewis Carroll


As you can see I really have picked books from a wide period of time, from 1865 to 1976. They were all very different from each other and whilst I found some of them to be only average, others I loved. My favourite had to be Watership Down which funnily enough was the one I wasn't sure I would even like.

Summary:
I am happy that I have finally read some true classics of the genre as I always felt that perhaps I was missing out by not reading them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment