Friday 14 October 2011

Book Blogger Hop #9


Book Blogger Hop Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books

This week’s question is;

“What is your favorite spooky book (i.e. mystery/suspense, thriller, ghost story, etc.)?”

Wow, this one was actually quite tough because I have read so many spooky styled books over the years. Picking my favourite hasn't been easy and to be honest there are two I would really to mention, but as I have to pick one then it will have to be Phantoms by Dean Koontz.

This is probably the first book that I actually felt chills down my back as I read it. The scenes of horror that are slowly revealed to the characters really built up the tension and creepy factor. The story is just great fun and I have always recommened it to anyone looking for a good horror story.

And for anyone that is interested, the 2nd book I mentioned that is probably equal with this one was It by Stephen King. Another superb horror story that I would always recommend to people.

6 comments:

  1. This is why just picking one book for my favorite spooky novel was so hard- I've read so many and so many were so good! Phantoms really is a fantastic book. I'm an Odd Thomas fan, but I read a lot of Koontz when I was younger, and Phantoms, Strangers, Cold Fire, and others are such a part of my teen memories. And of course It is just an amazingly layered read!
    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking your word for it, I just added it to my wishlist. Read a summery, looks promising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have not read any of his books, a few friends have and they enjoy his novels.
    have a nice weekend.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visitng my blog. Just hopping back :D I read loads of Dean Koontz books in my teens, I really enjoyed them. Have some on my bookshelves which I must get round too. Good choice they are spooky!

    Jenny - Chocolate Chunky Munkie
    http://chocolatechunkymunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dean Koontz! His books are awesome. I do prefer the ones that aren't so spooky though. :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. DeanK is a hit or miss but I usually enjoy them, haven't tried this one.

    Hopping from the Blog Hop.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-hop-spooky-reads.html

    ReplyDelete