Friday 21 October 2011

Book Blogger Hop #10


Book Blogger Hop Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books

This week’s question is;

“What is your favorite type of candy?”

I have to admit that I really hate the word "candy", I can only assume it is some weird British sensibility of mine, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me whenever I hear it.

However, I can still answer the question and my favourite sweet (see what I did there... :-p) has to be a Cadbury's Wispa Bar. The interesting thing about this chocolate bar is that it was originally launched as a trial the same year I was born, so maybe there is some secret voodoo involved that makes me love them.


The Wispa has an interesting history and it was originally discontinued in 2003 which of course left me gutted. However, thanks to the power of the internet, a campaign was put in place that led to the re-release of these amazing chocolate bars in 2007 and I can now pick one up whenever I fill my car up with petrol.

Anyway, do any of you have a favourite of your own or have any of you ever tried a Wispa? I would love to hear your own comments.

11 comments:

  1. Interesting story behind your favorite sweet. :) I've actually never heard of it, but I'm glad it was brought back after a 4-year hiatus. I'll have to see if a friend in Bristol can snag one for me. Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Hop. wow, thank goodness for the internet! :) New follower. Check out my favorite candy HERE. Happy Reading!

    ~Zakiya LadyWings
    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of reading
    UnRead Brains Eat Bloody Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this, have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/book-blogger-hop_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Wispa bars! I discovered them on my first trip to Britain in 1997 and once I got back, ordered a whole box of them. :)

    There's something new here in the States from Hershey that's like a Wispa - they have a bar and also kisses that are that aerated chocolate.

    I was so happy to see Wispa in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see some people from outside the UK have tried the Wispa bar and enjoyed it.

    I may need to make sure that the next time I am in the US I try these Hershey chocolates you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this particular candy bar...although I wish somebody would bring back the Marathon bar here in the states. It was an eight inch long caramel bar covered in chocolate that took forever to eat. It also had a ruler on the side of the wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the UK, the Marathon Bar was the original name for the Snickers Bar.

    Just a little bit of trivia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also Wispa Gold is now back. Just saying

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by to visit and follow! Never even seen a Wispa--maybe we don't ahve them here in the States. :-) Hope your read-a-thon goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting... I've never heard of Wispa. What's in it?

    -LupLun
    Shooting for the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Wispa is basically Milk Chocolate that has been aerated.

    Simple, yet superb!

    ReplyDelete