Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Should Be Required Reading For Teens



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in. 

This weeks question gave me a little bit of a problem as I have never really been a fan of required reading. I hated the fact that school forced certain books upon me and would never want to say something should have to read this or that. In all honesty I actually think the books that teenagers should read are the ones that will inspire them to go on and read more.

However, if I have to at least make some sort of response to the question that it would be the following;

At least one book from every genre that you can imagine.

I just think that this would open up the wider world of literature to a teenager and lets them experience much of what reading can be. I would have loved my Literature classes at school to have explored horror, fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, romance, classic and so on.