Saturday 16 July 2011

Book Blogger Hop #1


Book Blogger Hop Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books

This week’s question this week is;

How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

I have to admit that the majority of books I read for my own pleasure mainly come from the local library. Other than that I do pick up free ebooks from Amazon and Project Gutenberg. If I do have to buy a book due to being unable to find it in the library etc. then I try to pick it up 2nd hand from Ebay otherwise Amazon is the place I go. Finally, I do get a lot of books now from authors and publishers to review on the blog and I am probably reading more books via that method than any other at the moment.

7 comments:

  1. Hopping by!

    I always forget about Project Gutenberg. I need to use that site more!

    Book Blogger Hop 7/15 – 7/18

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the library and I buy books whenever I can. Spending on money on books is one way I try to support writers (who I hope will one day support me). The library is more for books I'm not sure I will like enough to own. I need to make a trip this weekend, actually. =)

    -Miss GOP
    www.thewritingapprentice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLD FOLLOWER.

    Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    Stop by to visit if you can. I usually get my books from the library.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over at "Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!", we usually get our books from Amazon. The library is a bit of a hassle to get to honestly, and my wife hordes books. So Amazon is a cheap place to get them and have them waiting for us when we get home. That and it's a nice present in the mail box!

    http://www.hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that the library is a hassle sometimes to get to plus in the end you are limiting author income and maybe putting them off writing more. Then again most of the books I can actually find at the library are well from estabilished authors and I doubt me using a library makes much difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to buy my books from a bookstore but recently I discovered the e-books and I must admit that since then I download e-books from a site called all you can books. I think that it's more comfortable to carry your books on an IPad than in a backpack. Times are changing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to get most of my books from the local library and from charity shops.

    ReplyDelete