Tuesday 19 April 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday rewind


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in.

This week, is a Top Ten Tuesday rewind which means I need to pick a previous Top Ten Tuesday topic that I didn't get involved in. I have decided to go for Favourite Book Characters from August 3rd 2010.

Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
A good man, who has a little bit of rebel inside. I always found him to be my favourite Harry Potter character.

Angus Thermopyle from the Gap series by Stephen Donaldson
My all time favourite character ever, mainly because of the way Stephen Donaldson takes a down right cruel and evil man and makes you feel for him by the end.

Dr. Watson from Sherlock Holmes novels by Arthur Conan Doyle
Some people I know like Sherlock the most, but I love this good natured and sometimes humble man who is always there to act as a conscience to Holmes.

Pug from the Riftwar Series by Raymond E. Feist
This character starts out as a servant boy before becoming the greatest magician known. His humble beginnings and goodness of character are always there to be seen.

Samuel Vimes from the Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett
A down to earth copper who just wants to do his job who always seems to get dragged into the political world of Ankh-Morpork. Always amusing, and always doing his best, I think he is my favourite Discworld character.

Michael Olson from the Final Friends Trilogy by Christopher Pike
Michael is smart, kind, caring and actually gets the girl in this novel. I always liked to pretend as a teen that I was like him!

Dirk Pitt from the Dirk Pitt Novels by Clive Cussler
Dirk is a superb character; I always think he is similar to Indiana Jones in that he is smart, amusing and adventurous. I always find that any novel featuring him is exciting and fun.

Perrin Aybara from Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan
There are many interesting and varied characters in the Wheel of Time series but I always found Perrin to be one of the most likeable and believable.  I like how even with his powers, he doesn't actually want to be a dominant "alpha male" type person, he just wants to get on with things.

Duncan Idaho from Dune Series by Frank Herbert
I remember reading these books as a teen and I loved Duncan Idaho. I just, enjoyed his discovery of his memories and the way he became constant throughout the timeline.

Jack Ryan from Jack Ryan Novels by Tom Clancy
A great man, in some great political thriller novels. From being an on the ground analyst to being President of the US, he always seems to come out a winner and he has always the best intentions at heart.

8 comments:

  1. Sirius Black was one of my favorite characters in Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of the few on this planet that is not a Harry Potter fan, stopping by to check out your reads. nice backdrop. This month my blog is dedicated to Poetry. stop by and read a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your list. Almost wish I had chosen favourite characters. Quite a few you picked are some of my favourites too. Love Pug, Samual Vimes (although Nanny Ogg and Grandma Weatherwax are my favourite TP characters)and I agree with feeling for Angus Thermopyle in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I'm a big fan of both Perrin and Sirius. I liked Jack Ryan, too, though Clancy bogged me down in technical details and I didn't finish the book, let alone the series.

    Also, I really ought to read Dune. Maybe when I finish the Wheel of Time books currently in existence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watson is great, although I still prefer Holmes.

    Here's my list:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice list! I totally agree about Sirius and Watson :)

    Here is my top ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here.

    Sirius Black is my second favorite Harry Potter character (after Snape). I think deep down I've always kind of wanted to be a rebel and I liked living vicariously through him.

    I've only recently come to appreciate Sam Vimes. When I started reading Discworld I began with the wizard books, then moved onto the Death books, then the witches, and THEN found the Night Watch books. Vimes is such a great character and I'm glad to see that other people appreciate him.

    Also, I wanted to be Duncan Idaho when I was reading Dune. It's hard to believe that that much awesome can exist in one man. :)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well glad to see many of you agreed with some of my choices.

    I completly understand why some of you also mentioned other Discworld characters. There are so many great ones in that series.

    ReplyDelete